Friday, June 1, 2012

High Five For FRIDAY!

Hi Loves! This Friday I have decided to link up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk (whose blog is pretty great by the way) for High Five For Friday. Only one of these pictures is my own and it's from Easter this year so I'm going to try my best to try to remember to take more pictures during the week! Who ever remembers to take pictures during the week is my hero right now!

My favourite things from this past week:
1.) Raspberries! I can't seem to get enough of them recently. They have always been a favourite fruit of mine but for some reason they are tasting better than ever! I even stopped by the farmers market to pick up some to snack on at my desk. Amanda (the roommate) and I both love them so I have a  feeling these next couple of weeks are going to be deliciously raspberry filled!


2.) I've only had to work 2.5 days this week which is pretty special on it's own but on Tuesday Aravind (the boyfriend) had surgery so I have spent the past couple days taking care of him. The surgery went very well and now he is on the road to recovery. The fact that he had surgery isn't my favourite part so please don't think I'm a horrible girlfriend but I loved spending an entire 48 hours with him. We have had the chance to talk a lot, watch some TV shows together and experience a whole new level in our relationship. This surgery has definitely been a hidden blessing for us and has only brought us closer.
This is us at Easter showing off our Kinder Surprise tattoos. I don't think he was impressed to wear an egg tattoo all day but the things you do for love! 

3.) McDonald's dollar drink days! One of my addictions is Diet Coke which I know is extremely unhealthy but I love it! I try not to drink too much pop but when I do decide treat myself the $1 large Diet Coke at McDonald's is extra kind to my wallet which is always nice.


4.) I have begun redesigning my blog with the help of the fabulous Andrea over at Pics-O-Andrea. I have only see the header but I am definitely in love! She is super talented, nice and very easy to talk to. If anyone is considering redoing their blog I would definitely recommend using Andrea! :) I took this sample header off her website  just to show you how creative she can be. Seriously go check her out!

How cute is this?! I can't stop smiling at her work.

5.) Last but not least, this evening I am kicking off my birthday week with a BBQ and outdoor movie night! I can't wait to celebrate with my amazing friends and family. I love my birthday so bring on the celebrations!! 
Birthdays mean cupcakes which makes any day great in my books! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love raspberries and they are really good for you! Happy to hear the surgery went well! I'm loving Andrea's style. Happy early birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I hit up McDonald's for $1 Coke's almost daily! EEEKKK!

    Happy birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great deal!! I have to stop myself from going there every day!
      Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthdayyy! Have a blast this weekend. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! I've actually been reading your blog for a while now and it's definitely been inspiring. I have looked into a couple of the books you have talked about.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)