Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bathroom Goodies!



Bathroom baskets! These are a wonderful and fairly inexpensive way to make guests feel more welcomed, appreciated and it's a small detail that makes a big impact!

I would check out Goodwill or the Dollarstore to look for vases, dishes, trays or baskets to keep everything in. Remember you can always add ribbon, crystals, paper, paint or anything you can think of to decorate these.

For the items I would suggest using your Shoppers Optimum Points (if you live in Canada! I would also suggest going on a day with some form of deal to get more bang for your buck), Air Miles or any drug store points card to get these items for 'free'. You can also find most of these items at Dollar and Discount stores.

In both the baskets I would recommend some of the following:

  • Lint roller
  • Spray deodorant
  • Hair spray
  • Floss
  • Gum/mints
  • Some cologne or perfume samples (stock up at your local drug store!)
  • Tide to go pen
  • Tums/Pepto Bismol (Pepto comes in tablets now which is even more convenient)
  • Combs
  • Advil
  • Band Aids
  • Contact Lens Solution/Eye Drops
  • Kleenex  
  • Safety Pins
  • Pre threaded needles
  • Shoe Shine wipes
I would also put some feminine products in the women's basket as well as clear nail polish (to fix runs in pantyhose), static spray, maybe some lip chap or translucent powder. 

Most of these items will come in travel size containers which will be a lot cheaper than regular sized items. 
Like most things at Weddings if you pick up a few items at a time and keep an eye out for sales you can actually save money. 

5 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! Thanks for the pointers about how to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest! This is a great idea and you know what, a lot of this stuff can be picked up at the dollar store and stuff can also be purchased in bulk at Costco/Warehouse stores, like the gum!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan-Kate SaundersJune 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

    Great idea. I always appreciate these when I go to a function. A gerat way to class up the event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute way to store things & you can see what is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! and bobby pins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)