Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marriage Advice Part 1

For all you fellow Canadian's welcome back from the long weekend! I hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating Canada Day. I had an amazing weekend and I will be doing a recap on that later. Today is the first day on my new series on marriage advice. The first blogger in this series is the lovely and hilarious Amber from Bugs, Barbies and Wedded Bliss. Amber is always making me laugh and her blog is a favourite of mine. She is a wonderful mama to two absolutely adorable kids and is crazy in love with her husband, Jim. Amber's blog actually gave me the idea to start this series so I am honoured to have her as my first guest blogger! 

With out further adieu, 

Hey Y'all! I am Amber from

Sweet Mikayla asked me to share a little bit of my best marriage advice and I happily agreed!

Did you know I have a boyfriend...

If you have been following my little blog for a while, you know how big my husband and I are on Date Nights and Love Trips.
Jim and I have been consistent about keeping each other a priority since the very beginning but especially since we had our sweet little redhead, Jax.
We have been blessed to find amazing and trustworthy sitters and of course we leave the babes with my Mama or Sister-in-law when they are available.
We do Saturday night dates every.single.week. 
Even if we just feel like staying home and cooking a special dinner after the babes are asleep and watching a movie cuddled up on the couch, it is date night and we make it a priority.  There is makeup and cute clothing involved.
When you are dating and first married with no children, it is easy to keep all that lovey stuff going.  I miss so much being able to just pick up and go anywhere with no responsibilities or cares.  Before we had Jax and Aubree we were always on the go...to the beach for the weekend, or Atlanta, Birmingham, Vegas...we had no cares!  It was awesome!
This was our last trip before babies, we were in Vegas and I was a few weeks pregnant and didn't know it yet.  Thank God all the partying that had been committed didn't hurt the baby! I was pretty terrified at first when we found out!

We still have weekend getaways, I call them "Love Trips"
Cheesy, right?
It's different now, of course.  We have to pay sitters and call to check in and we miss them while we are gone.   But making time for us as a couple is important to us.  I love Jim so much and want him to be attracted to me and to see me as more than just a mom who cooks and cleans and takes care of babies.   There is more to me than that.
I am his woman and he needs to know that I am attracted to him and adore him and I want to stay the fun, sexy girl he met 10 years ago because that is who he was attracted to.  I know everyone is different but I just am so passionate about this!
Date your husband!  Be his girlfriend!
You will get so much in return!
I know Jim likes it when I dress a little sexy and it makes me feel good to know he still thinks I am hot and pretty.  Men need to be adored and women need to feel treasured...If you keep courting each other these things will happen!
Thanks for having me Mikayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)