Thursday, July 26, 2012

Centre Pieces for Under $100

Good Morning Loves!
One of my goals as a wedding coordinator is to be able to create fabulous weddings on a budget - a champagne wedding on a beer budget if you will. I have recently begun doing some mock weddings for under $10,000 and I while it is a lot harder than I thought, it is definitely do able! While doing a mock wedding yesterday I came up with this fairly inexpensive idea for centre pieces. The cost will be under $100 for 20 centre pieces (one for each table and then two for the head table) This price is for 150 people which will be seated at 19 tables including the head table. 


I hope you guys can picture this! Hopefully one of these days I can start doing tutorials which would make this a whole lot easier. 


I found this vase from IKEA for $2.99

Then using a vinyl stencil (I planned on using a damask stencil  found at the dollar store) with Armour Etch (glass etching cream) you would create an etched pattern on two opposite sides of the vase. Follow these directions here on how to use an etching cream. 

To finish this centre piece off  add a piece of ribbon (purchased at the dollar store) in one of the wedding colours around the top part of the vase. Use a glue gun to attach the ribbon together and finish off with some gemstones or pearls (also purchased at a dollar store) glued to the seam of the ribbon. 

Total cost breakdown including taxes:
  • IKEA vases: $67.57 
  • Amour Etch: $20.19 for a 10oz bottle. Make sure to check your local craft stores like Michael's if you're in Canada because you can often find 40% off coupons which would help to lower this cost.
  • Ribbon, clear gemstones, damask stencil: $3.96. 
  • Glue gun, glue sticks and tape: free because I already own them but you can buy these at the dollar store as well. 

Total cost: $91.72! 

I do realize that these are very simple centre pieces so you could always add candles, a flower pomander, rocks, flowers, etc. Even with an added feature these centre pieces will still be extremely affordable! Maybe do a monogram of your new initials or even number the vases to act as your table numbers. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)