Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wedding Updates!

Venue - check!
Church - check!
Wedding party - check!
Cake - check!
Wedding colours - CHECK!


Our Big Fat Sri Lankan/Canadian Wedding is really starting to take shape. I often wonder how I am going to make it another 13 months! September 4, 2015 can't come soon enough!

Deciding on wedding colours, wasn't an easy task. If it was up to Aravind, the wedding would be every bright colour imaginable and it would a DJ party all day long. If it was up to me, the wedding would probably be a simple colour scheme of black, white and blush with lots of gold and silver accents.  But this wedding is about us - Mikayla & Aravind. We both instantly agreed that we wanted our wedding to be full of love, family and to combine both our cultures. We wanted our wedding to be one giant celebration. After lots of debating and us me looking at my favourite wedding blogs and magazines to interrupt him while he studied, we finally agreed on colours. 

Together we came up with:

It makes my heart happy just looking at it! Tamil weddings are very bright and colourful so I think these will do nicely. What do you think? I plan on balancing out these colours with a few of my favourite neutrals (glitter is a neutral, right?) and throw in some DIY touches to help bring together our families. 

As for a theme, we don't really have one. Combining two cultures has definitely been tricky and we still have a lot of work to do so I think for now a specific theme will have to wait. 

I'm looking forward to being able to share more details about our wedding as we get closer to the wedding! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)