Our Save the Date cards arrived in the mail today! This is our first wedding related package to arrive and I was extremely excited when it showed up on my door step. I may or may not have squealed...
Traditionally Save the Dates go out 6 months before the wedding (8 months for a destination wedding) but in our case, we are getting ready to send ours out in late September/early October due to the fact that we are having our wedding on the Friday of the 2015 Labour Day weekend. (see here for why we are having our wedding on a Friday and a bit about our venue.) We are hoping this will help our guests when they are having to book time off work. Most of our guests will be traveling into Hamilton for the wedding so we want to make everything as easy as possible so that means have ample amount of time to book time off work.
There was an amazing deal on Vistaprint (this girl's fiance loves a good deal and is extremely persuasive) that we couldn't pass up so I decided that I was okay with our Save the Dates not matching our invitations. Why did I order on Vistaprint? I haven't even remotely looked at invitations yet! I'll be honest and admit that most of my wedding is planned in my head but it comes certain things, I haven't even thought about it - invitations are one of them! I know it's not something you would expect to hear from a wedding planner - but hey, sometimes you just want to save a few dollars. This also means we can get these out to our guests as soon as possible! With Aravind's busy school schedule, things take a lot longer than normal to get things done so this was definitely the best option for us.
We have recently decided on our colours and don't really have a theme so I will be on the hunt for the perfect set of invites shortly. Until then, these are our Save the Dates!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)