Tuesday, April 8, 2014

We Have A Venue!

If you follow me on Twitter then you may know that at the beginning of March we officially booked our wedding venue! So what direction did we go with in our search? I’ll be totally honest since we’re all friends here. I started to get extremely frustrated in our search for a venue. Everything that I came across has some form of restriction since Aravind and I are planning a Sri Lankan/Canadian fusion mix. The venues we did find that were able to accommodate our requests weren't very 'us'.  This was not a fun way to start our wedding planning.

Our venue requirements:
  1. Lots of room to dance! 
  2. Willing to do 50% traditional Canadian wedding food (ex - chicken, potatoes, vegetables, salad) and 50% Sri Lankan food (either in house or catering in)
  3. Accommodating (A lot is happening to plan a perfectly balanced blend of cultures)
  4. Not too far from our ceremony (The ceremony is happening at our church in Hamilton) 
  5. Easy to get to since most of our guests are from out of town. 
Easy requirements right? We also thought so! 

After some few setbacks, we are so excited that we found the venue of our dreams. It has everything we could ask for and more! I couldn't be happier!

Curious yet? I am very happy to announce that we will be celebrating our marriage at The Atrium in Burlington. It has a glitter ceiling, people!! A glitter ceiling! The Atrium has lots of windows, an outdoor patio and incredible food. Even a hotel down the street which is perfect since most of our guests are from out of town. Dealing with them as been a dream. 

We are extremely relieved to have such a major decision out of the way, or at least I should say I am. With our location pinned down we can start planning some of the other major things.
Did anyone else have a difficult time deciding where to have your ceremony and/or reception?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! You really make me smile each time I read a comment and I promise to do my very best to respond to each and every one. Thanks for making my day! :)